1. You need to clear the calculator’s memory. This will erase any programs or apps that you yourself have loaded previously into the calculator. If those things are important to you, make sure you save them outside the calculator.
2nd >> 6 >> F1 >> 3 >> ENTER >> 2nd >> 6 >> F1 >> 2 >> 3 >> ENTER >> ENTER
2. Create a new folder on your desktop. Open the zip file that comes to you after your purchase of my programs. There are three WORD files (Mac Instructions, PC Instructions, Program List) mixed in with my programs that should be removed and placed beside the new program folder. Highlight the programs, COPY & PASTE to the new folder.
3. Make sure TI Connect software is in your computer. Get it for MAC here.
4. Click on the TI DEVICE EXPLORER with the clock icon at the bottom tray of your mac, or find it in launch pad. The TI DEVICE EXPLORER screen will pop up.
5. Go to your desktop, where you’ve saved my programs to a folder and click once on it, then click on the TI Titanium line to make it blue.
6. Go to the top of computer screen and click on FILE. Scroll to SEND FILE TO SELECTED DEVICES. Follow arrow and click on SEND TO ARCHIVES. This opens a a new window with all my programs. Go to top of computer screen and choose EDIT. Scroll down to SELECT ALL which will highlight all programs. Click on SEND TO DEVICE at bottom of screen.
7. The programs will start to load into the calculator. It takes a while and a rotating rainbow colored circle appears. To the right of the screen it says “1 operation in progress” again with a rotating icon. Check the bottom of the calculator where it will show the programs being loaded. When that is done or quiet the programs should be all loaded into your TI-89 or Titanium.
8. The rotating Mac icon may continue to rotate even when completed. An error message might also occur, even though the programs were loaded successfully.
9. Check if the programs are correctly installed in your calculator by: 2nd >> (VAR-LINK) The programs will all be listed.
10. Type in the home screen index8() to access the program menu for calculus or physics() for the physics menu. Example: 2nd ALPHA >> i_n_d_e_x >> ALPHA >> 8 >> ()
On a number of programs, including the menu, because they are large they take a while to load (indicated by a “busy” word at the bottom right of your titanium screen as they load) just wait while that program loads. This only happens the first time you load a program after that they load and come up for use quickly.
To scroll or access the menu items more quickly, press or hold 2nd and then use the up or down arrow keys on the cursor.
To get out of any menu or running program and get back to the home screen, press ON then the ESC button twice.
To clear the calculator screen anytime press F1 >> 8.
If you somehow get into the actual program, press 2nd >> ESC to get back to the home screen.
In Calculus, because my programs are designed for, and from, test questions some difficult homework problem calculations or answers may appear partially off screen. Sorry, there is no way for you to scroll to see the complete calculation or me to program those differently. My experience tells me that any time this happens the problem is too difficult to appear on a test (nobody could do it from memory). If you think that it may appear on a test you can e-mail me, and I will re-program it if possible. If the answer appears off screen and you are adamant about seeing it, then to complete the problem you can enter the original function into the home screen of the calculator and the answer then becomes scrollable. You can always do this on the Titanium, by entering in the calculator: F3, 1 or 2, ∫( (3*x^2+7),x ), ENTER or d( (3*x^2+7),x ), ENTER, as examples. My programs are a tool for homework and tests.